The Melbourne Un-Pub Crawl
- Duration : 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code : W101B
We hate pub crawls, but we love pubs.
A "Melbourne Pub Crawl" conjures up ideas of bad, inauthentic nightclubs filled with drunk students whose sole purpose is to get drunk.
So we decided to-reclaim the pub crawl with our Un-Pub Crawl.
This tour features 4 amazing local hideouts, far from the tourist trail. It features quality conversation with your local guide, who will no only take you to 4 amazing bars, but will tell you how that bar shaped the city you see today.
Since we only go to bars we would normally frequent, we change the bar-tinerary to our tastes and time of year. Rest assured, you will be visiting:
- A classic Aussie pub. Throw back a pot or a pint, as here’s where you’ll learn about the standard pour sizes of Victorian beers and how beer nearly led to all alcohol being banned during the gold rush.
- A cocktail bar. Melbourne has some of the best mixologists around, but most of them are hidden in tiny, hidden cocktail bars that survive on word of mouth alone. Visit a speakeasy-style bar and learn about how and why Melbourne’s laneway scene developed.
- A wine bar. With the Yarra Valley just a stone’s throw away, it would be a sin not to taste some of the delectable wines in the region. Learn how wine shaped Australia’s history and how to taste wine like a member of the social elite.
- A surprise! Melbourne’s bar scene is ever-changing, so the fourth bar will be chosen by your guide on the day, depending on the group’s desires, the weather, and what is trendy in Melbourne at that particular moment in time.
If you’re still thirsty by the end of the tour, don’t forget to ask your local guide for some more recommendations, so you won’t have to worry about a dry mouth for the rest of your stay in Melbourne.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide.
Exclusions: Drinks, food, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide. Because everyone’s drinking preferences and tolerances are different, rather than include drinks, we keep our tour price low and allow you to purchase drinks as you go. Most establishments accept bank cards, but there is occasionally a minimum spend. You may wish to bring cash if you want to avoid this.
Dress standard: Melbourne is known to have four seasons in one day – please check the weather report and dress accordingly!
Your Trip: You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Child Policy: Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.